Our diverse client base requires a tax manager that is experienced in multiple business structures and formations. Job responsibilities include:
Work directly with clients to develop proposals for federal and international tax strategies focused on the mitigation of overall taxes for individual and business success, with potential and existing clients.
Recognize, research, document and resolve complex technical tax issues.
Supervise and mentor team members with client engagements and their personal professional growth.
Work with clients and team members coordinating IRS and state agency representation.
Federal and international business tax preparation review.
Top 3 outcomes in Year 1 include:
1. Enhance productivity by reducing the number of extended returns
2. Manage work flow/procedures to enhance office efficiency and timely filing
3. Identify weaknesses in staff knowledge; provide guidelines and resources to empower team members to strengthen their tax preparation skills
Preferred Experience and Abilities:
Licensed CPA, EA or JD
8 or more years of domestic and/or international tax compliance and consulting
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Working in a multi-client environment
Previously interaction with high net worth families, trusts and estates
Working knowledge of accounting and tax theory and practice
Strong technical and analytic skills
Supervisory and leadership skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Intuit QuickBooks (desktop and online), CCH Access and/or CCH ProFX
GPL is a boutique consulting firm that specializes in international and domestic tax and accounting. Our quest is to be the key player on our clients' financial dream team. We provide year-round services and support to educate and empower clients to achieve their goals and financial destiny. We are a young, energetic company that is growing rapidly, like the many businesses we work with.
We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We’re results focused, but love our jobs and are always having fun – and we like it that way! (check for yourself: http://www.gpltax.com/our-philosophy/).
The GPL Difference:
* Innovation: we think beyond the debits and credits
* FinTech: we employ the latest technologies to enhance the work environment and productivity
* Proactive Client Support: year-round accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation and consulting services on an ongoing basis, not just during "tax season"
* CFO Services: expert guidance for small business owners who want to take their business to the next level
* We Say Yes: we don’t shy away from emerging industries, such as Cannabis, or complex tax situations such as foreign transactions
* Diverse Clientele: we provide solutions for high net worth individuals with complex tax structures, small-business owners and startups, and people with broad investment portfolios
* Community Connections: We provide our clients access to a network of professionals in a variety of fields such as financial services, legal services, real estate, mortgage, banking, and risk management
Location/Region: Kirkland, WA