Job Description: The Field Technician has a wide variety of skills and will be able to work through difficult problems. This person installs & maintains fuel dispensers, Point-Of-Sale with various advanced peripherals, tank & line monitoring equipment, submersible fuel pumps, pumping PCW, along with other types of equipment found in service station and convenience store environments.
- Rewarding position, capable of performing tasks with and, occasionally, without direct supervision.
- Promote teamwork and mentor teammates.
- Must be willing and able to travel and stay out of town for up to 45 days with a minimum 4-day break between tours.
- Must be willing and able to follow detailed instructions.
- Primary focus is on service station electronics, computers, and the fuel dispensing systems.
- Work includes equal portions of electronic, plumbing, and mechanical work.
- A significant portion of the work is done outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Candidates should be expected to provide quality customer service that exceeds customer expectations by ensuring that all duties are completed in a cost-effective manner.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Continue to perform prerequisite work necessary to obtain and maintain certification from original equipment manufacturers and state certifications.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strive to improve daily.
- Ensure that you are always in proper dress uniform and present a professional image to customers and the public.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- State Underground License - Various
- Gilbarco and Veeder Root Equipment Certifications
- Candidate must be self-directed and able to work independently when opportunities arise
- Technicians must have good inter-personal skills and an ability to satisfy customer needs
- High standards for appearance and professionalism. Must be a team player.
- Electronics, electrical or mechanical education or equivalent experience
- Possess a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
*The duties listed above are not meant to be all-inclusive. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Jones & Frank is one of the largest Distributors, Service Providers, and Installers serving the energy infrastructure marketplace in the United States. The company maintains 22 branch offices and 3 distribution centers along the Atlantic seaboard and Midwest regions of the United States. Distribution, Service, and Installation services are provided nationally, and include a network of almost 250 service personnel located throughout their footprint. The focus of the company continues to be Service, Distribution, Installation and Technology Solutions for Fuel and Fluid Handling Systems. A nationwide approach to Project Management, Wholesale Distribution, and Certified Training has been added as the company responds to market conditions and customer needs.
For over three decades, ANS Distributing has been supplying equipment to petroleum marketers from single-site service stations and national chains, to wholesalers and technicians. We go out of our way to deliver what you need, when you need it, always at the best price.
ANS Distributing is a division of Jones & Frank, the largest value-added re-seller of petroleum handling equipment in the United States. We provide ongoing product training, competitive compensation and benefits, and ample opportunities for advancement.
The Company continues to grow aggressively and expand into new markets. This pattern of growth and success comes from an unwavering commitment to recruit, train, and keep the best employees in the industry. Employees now number over 400 and many have 25+ years of industry experience. Product lines are a mainstay of the company's growth curve and new lines are reviewed and evaluated continually to bring the best to the marketplace.
*Jones & Frank is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Location/Region: Nashville, TN